Saturday, October 13, 2007

Where do I start?


This is my first real blog! I have a blog on my Myspace page at Myspace.com/mtsrool, but I think I've only used it a couple of times. My friend Kristen (wife of Ari, another Telluride Deputy Marshal) has a blog and she said it was really easy. Maybe this will be a good way for everyone to keep up with things we are doing that I might forget to say on the phone. You can leave comments on each blog entry. Please do it! :)


TODAY is our SIX MONTH COLORADO ANNIVERSARY!!! Jay has just one more night working the night shift, then he will start days and we'll finally have the same schedule, working 10 hours Wednesday through Saturday. I'm so thankful for Jay's new job. It's so nice to be in a small, laid back town. Gone are the days of sudden SWAT call-outs, not knowing where Jay is going and what the outcome will be. No more meth labs, child abuse, prostitution rings, calls involving dead bodies, etc. Yes, there is still definitely crime in Telluride, but Jay is adjusting to small-town cop work just fine. The schools here are awesome and the kids have made lots of new friends. :) My friends are mainly the ones I've met at church (AlpineChapelonline.com) and the people Jay works with.


Tomorrow the kids and I will be passing out sacks in town for our church's annual clothing drive. I hear that the people in town are very generous and we usually have a wonderful donation day before the town's annual ski swap. I was planning a trip to Montrose to look at furniture, go to Wal-Mart and visit the new TARGET store, but we are expecting snow with possible accumulations of 5 to 10 inches. I might hold off on this shopping trip after all. Above is a picture Savanna took this afternoon of the snow moving over Ajax Peak. Everyone knows I like to talk and I'm on the computer many, many hours a week, so I'll be adding more soon! :)


10 comments:

Tom Ufer said...

congratulations on your 6 month anniversary !! Wow, that went really fast !!

Glenda K said...

awesome blog Lisa! I can't believe ya'll are going to get that much snow already. I'm glad Jay is no longer working nights, I know schedules like that can be hard; especially with kids! I'll be checking back for more pics when it snows!

The Eddy's said...

Hey, Congratulations!!! I really love it, as you can tell, I'm sure. : ) Last night I started a myspace page and I don't like it nearly as well. Anyway, welcome to bloggerland!!! : )

The Eddy's said...

I just posted a comment for you and it disappeared! Anyway, welcome to bloggerland! You mentioned a church...we've had a very hard time finding one, so you'll have to let me know what yours is like. I don't think we've ever heard of it before. Keep on blogging! : )

KSRae said...

We are expecting snow with possible accumulations of 5 to 10 inches.

That sounds SO great!!! And I love your blog, girl!

Raenita (CG board)

Steve (Colorado Guy) said...

Good luck with your blog, Lisa! :)

David said...

Hi Lisa! Nice photos, and the cold looks great! I live for ice and snow :-)

TerresaFontana said...

This is a good idea... It's a great way to keep everyone updated, especially those who don't check MySpace (our parents!)...

Maybe I'll take your lead...I'll let you know!

~ Terresa ~ said...

p.s. I already have one! LOL I created one a few months ago and forgot about it... Okay, maybe at least now I'll update it every once in a while! (Educ8r4life.blogspot.com)

Barbara said...

I like your blog. I can believe that you have been gone 6 mo. It seems like 6 yrs. I miss you!!! Can't wait to come out there again!!
So glad Jay is safer & happier! Have fun skiing & snowboarding in your winter paradise!!