Sunday, December 23, 2007

Fly Me to the Moon Over Telluride


Last night we had the most beautifully huge and bright moon I have ever seen in my life! We could see everything around us. Normally after dark, it's impossible to see anything at all down in this box canyon. We drove to the east end and we could even see Bridal Veil Falls in the dark! It did make Telluride feel a little bit like Whoville. I really need to get a picture of the snowcats grooming the trails at night. It's kind of creepy in an alien spaceship or submarine kind of way.


Today Jay took Garrett and Savanna up to snowboard. They felt confident enough after their first week of ski PE to try it without an instructor. Not me! I'm still too scared. We have "blackout" days on our limitless lesson pass during the holidays, and besides that the mountain is really crowded right now with people here on vacation. I want the whole ski run to myself to fall on. :) Today should start the busiest time for the Telluride Ski School instructors, but our instructor was up there today with no students. :( I should make him and his best friend Googleable. If you ever come up to ski in Telluride, ask for Shai Walker or his friend Adam Nugent. They are from New York and Jay and I have told them they really need to stay here past the winter so they can see what Telluride is like in the summer. I'm totally enjoying learning how to ski, but I'm anxious for July to get here so we can get the Jeep up on the trails!


Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and we just have plans to drive to Montrose and stock up on groceries and go to dinner at a restaurant or something. We've been skiing instead of going to Wal-Mart long enough that we have run out of everything. It should be a crazy time!

No comments: