Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My Top 10 of 2007

Here are my top 10 amazing things or things I never thought I would do. It really was a great year!!


1. Move to Colorado.
2. Driver Ophir Pass BY MYSELF behind Jay on his motorcycle.
3. Agree to let Jay buy a motorcycle.

4. Go to church in a movie theater.
5. Sell my house to my brother.
6. Have three days off work every week.
7. Buy a real Jeep that we can all fit in.
8. Summoned for jury duty after living here for only 8 months.
9. Learn (still trying) to ski.
10. Realize I have everything I have ever wanted. :) God is good!



Here are me and the girls bundling up on New Year's Eve. It was a cold night on the gondola and waiting for the Galloping Goose.

New Year's Day Jay and I skied at the Ute Park beginner area, here riding up lift 11.




Ute Park is so awesome, huge and wide. We practically had the whole place to ourselves. I was feeling really great after skiing here.



The lift stopped long enough here for me to take some pictures. I stupidly dropped my glove, but we were able to ski down and get it. If I had dropped it off of any other lift yesterday, I wouldn't have been able to get it.


Now came my bad part of the day. This is Double Cabins run, a double green. It's very wide and I was doing well for awhile until a girl came crashing into me. I barely saw her out of the corner of my eye and she was moving fast. She looked like she knew what she was doing, so I assumed she would go around me just like everyone else was. Wrong! I heard a scream and had enough time to think, "Aw crap" before she plowed into me. We were okay. I had a ski pop off and I ended up with her poles somehow, but no injuries other than a new bruise on my leg and being sore, but who knows if that was from the crash, the fall I had on Teddy's Way a little later, or just from skiing. My confidence pretty much went down the drain after the crash and I was scared of people skiing behind me. We got off the run at the Mt. Village grocery store/gondola to eat lunch just in time for the slopes to get crowded. We had managed to get up there early before most people woke up from their New Year's Eve parties.



I feel that I have so many things to be thankful for, but I should mention how wonderful it has been to make so many new friends over the past year and I'm so incredibly thankful for each and every one of you. Steve Garufi, Tree and Robbin Cooper, Ari and Kristen, Christy, Anthony, and many others. Special thanks to Shai and Jay (well I guess Jay isn't a new friend, HA) for pushing me in my attempts at skiing and helping me have confidence when I had NONE! Thanks to all of my family for giving us support over the year despite your sadness in our moving away.

As far as New Year's resolutions go, I never really make one because I think it's kind of silly, but I will say this, I'd better see BIGHORN SHEEP in 2008!!!

No comments: