Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Year Ago Today

We were in Telluride a year ago today for Jay's interview. I can't believe it has already been a whole year! I remember that day being very cold, probably negative something when I dropped Jay off for his interview that morning. I remember Garrett and I trying to get by without a hat because we didn't want to mess up our hair. I admit I'm still like that. Curly hair and hats don't go together well. :) Little did we know that day just how much our lives would be changing in 2007. We left for the trip a day early because Oklahoma was having a bad ice storm and we needed to get out before the roads got too bad. The roads were pretty bad for at least half of the trip up here, but we made it safe and sound. We spent a few nights in Durango and had a blast shopping and swimming in the indoor pool. We only spent one night in Telluride, the night before the interview, but we looked around at the schools and rode the gondola enough times that the girls really thought they would like it here. Savanna started talking about snowboarding on that trip. :)


The kids have really grown since then! They look so little in this picture.

1 comment:

The Eddy's said...

your pictures are so cute! I especially love the avalanche warning sign, because I KNOW that you did continue, and it wasn't necessary, just fun! : )