Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring break in Oklahoma

Even though we were mourning the fact that ski season was over at the beginning of the kids' spring break, we were excited to pack up and drive 17 hours to Oklahoma to visit our friends and family! It had been a whole year since Jay had been there.

We made it in time to go to Jay's Grandma Daisy's birthday party, which was great especially since we missed Christmas Eve at her house with all of Jay's aunts, uncles and cousins.

Sicily and Sadie have been totally spoiled with regular treats of peanut butter dog biscuits and they love Jim and Carol's huge backyard.




Jay and Maralee riding the go-cart.


Me and Savanna.


Parker has grown so much! The kids really enjoyed playing together.




Maralee always has the perfect pose. :)

I think we have made up for feeling deprived of fast food. During our trip we managed to hit McDonald's, Arby's, Burger King, Taco Bueno, Charlie's Chicken and Sonic. We also ate at Rib Crib, Los Cabos, Mexicali Border and Tsunami. I don't even want to know the number of calories I consumed last week!
There were some unexpected turn of events while we were there which I won't go into here, but I'm so thankful we were able to spend a week at my parents' house and driving to see family and friends. This summer quite a few family members will be visiting us and we are looking forward to that, too.

3 comments:

julie said...

A well deserved trip. Aw, your doggies look like they missed you guys!

Plotter said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

CigarSmokingMan said...

Next time, you'll have to get a photo in front of Fogue and Bates ! LOL