Sunday, June 22, 2008

Telluride Bluegrass Festival

This weekend is the famous Telluride Bluegrass Festival, the 35th and my first. We lived here during the festival last year, but I didn't go in at all. This year I bought a one day pass for Sunday since I'm off work. It's hard to have fun at the festivals because Jay doesn't get a day off and the last thing he wants to do is go back to the festival after he gets home, but I made him go back in this time. :)


The girls and I were in the kids' parade and marched around the bluegrass crowd. It was a great chance to take pictures.


The girls made masks in the family tent to wear in the parade. They really enjoyed painting and using glitter, making a huge mess.




I always wondered what it would be like for 12,000 people to be in the park. Now I know. Most of the time there might be around 100 people in the park when we take Maralee to the playground on Sunday afternoons.




The food is great! I had a corndog and a funnel cake. It felt like we were at the fair, just no rides. Don't ask me who I heard sing because I have no idea. It was bluegrass. :)


For a second I thought maybe we were at Mardi Gras from the looks of the costumes in the family area. If Maralee had been any younger, I think she would have been scared.





I mentioned to a woman next to me that this guy looked creepy. She said, "I hope we aren't traumatized!"




2 comments:

CigarSmokingMan said...

Looks like you had a great day with the family !

julie said...

Wow! Quite a crowd! Hope things are settling down now. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves a lot.... lots of smiling faces. Good try at the ol' hula hoop! :)