Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bridal Veil Falls

My first trip all the way up to Bridal Veil Falls this year was Tuesday, July 8, 2008. We tried to drive up to it about a month ago, but there was still deep snow in the way at that time. A 4-wheel drive vehicle is definitely recommended to get up to the falls. Earlier this summer, a guy (a really dumb guy) stole a Subaru station wagon at the town park and instead of leaving town, he drove up to the power station house at Bridal Veil Falls and was found fast asleep in one of the beds. There is a family that lives up there in the summertime and I think they were very shocked (as we all were) by this!

Perfect opportunities for anyone that likes to take pictures!



This is the view of Telluride from the road leading up to the falls. You should recognize this one since it's almost exactly the same as the large photo at the top of my blog.



The sepia and black and white helps you imagine that it's the early 1900s again.


The falls are really raging right now from the melting snow. It's very loud in this video. Bridal Veil Falls are the tallest falls in Colorado. I was getting a little wet while taking this video. The next time I'm up at the falls I will either be going up to hike to Blue Lake above the power station house or we'll be descending Black Bear Pass, which should be open within the next couple of weeks.

video

2 comments:

Starwoodgal said...

Sweet! I'm so jealous. :)

Lois said...

These pics are awesome--I love the sepia and black & white and the video of the the falls!