Thursday, July 3, 2008

Imogene Pass is Open!

I just looked at the San Miguel County website in the Road and Bridge Department and saw this:

Passes currently CLOSED

Black Bear Pass

Passes currently OPEN

Last Dollar Pass

Ophir Pass

Imogene Pass

I knew it! Imogene Pass officially opened today! I really did know this would happen. We have "connections" with someone in the Road and Bridge Department that said the pass would open today. I think it will be Monday before we have time to drive on over to Ouray. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, We just returned from visiting my daughter in Telluride. It is a beautiful place! We rode up the Imogene Pass to Ouray. A frightening expericence to someone who lives near the ocean in New Jersey! Everyone was right in saying "once you reach the summit it will be worth it!" I'm glad I took a lot of pictures as I don't think I will be doing that again!