Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Goodbye Jeep Cherokee

We finally got around to selling the Jeep Cherokee. Since we bought the new Jeep, it has sat in the parking lot only to be started once in awhile and moved. We bought it in 1997 and it was the first car that I loved! I wasn't even interested in a new car until Jeep started making the Unlimited, so that all 5 of us could fit in a real Jeep. All four of these photos are probably on my blog somewhere, but I thought I'd make a little tribute since the Cherokee has been such an awesome and faithful vehicle that we traveled about 150,000 miles in over the last 11 years. This first one was taken when we chopped down our Christmas tree in the national forest last December. The Cherokee even made it over Imogene Pass last summer.

Gold King Basin.

This was the morning we left Oklahoma to move to Telluride!!

3 comments:

Ivar Ivrig said...

Wonderful nature around you. Would love to be there with my camera and many GigaBytes on my memorycard :-)

Kala said...

I cannot agree with you more. i absolutely loved my Jeep Cherokee, and it was so reliable, but of course, i also made sure to take good care of it. It was difficult parting. I had about 120,000 mi before I sold it for $800 in really good condition. I ended up getting a nissan Xterra after that but the new cherokees look super nice!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been following your blog for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!

Also visit my web-site: mountain coffee