Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Telluride Blues and Brews Festival

The 15th Telluride Blues and Brews Festival is our town's official end of summer. After this weekend, town will be pretty quiet until ski season starts the week of Thanksgiving. We woke up Friday morning to see new snow on the peaks, making a beautiful backdrop for the festival.

I bought a 3-day pass this year. Jay has to work everyday of the festivals, but I took off work so I could enjoy it this time. The festival food was awesome! I bought the wontons a few times.

Savanna climbed the rock wall twice at the medium level of difficulty and made it to the top both times.
The crowd is here enjoying the warm weather. It was so warm in the sun that shorts and tank tops were comfortable during the daytime, but as soon as the sun went down a jacket and hat were needed. I think I took this picture when I was listening to Back Door Slam, a group from the Isle of Man. They were my favorite!
Everyone had to stop what they were doing to look at the moon Saturday night.
The girls enjoyed the kids area of the festival. Garrett didn't get to go in with us because he is old enough that he needed a full-price ticket. I don't think he cared about blues music, anyway.
Here is the stage with 9,000 people packed around it. That's actually a lot smaller number of people than the Bluegrass Festival.
The next two are night shots of Etta James and the Roots Band performing Sunday night.
This is a video of Etta James performing At Last, one of my favorite old songs. What a voice!! She is almost 70 years old, but can still put on a great show.

2 comments:

Steve Ballmer said...

Very good Blogging my friend!

Lois said...

Great pics and an amazing video of Etta James. I love that song too.