Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Telluride Miners Volleyball

Sixth grade is the first year that kids can play volleyball for the public schools. Savanna was ready to jump in and learn how to play after watching the Olympics this summer. My pictures didn't turn out great. The lighting isn't good in the elementary school gym for photos, but I thought I'd share some anyway. Savanna is in the center in the photo below. Here is Savanna right after serving. I think this one didn't make it over the net.

Savanna and Bailey, right after Savanna hit the ball.

Savanna is front and center here. She is number 11.

We did lose this game to Nucla, 23-25, but I got a great video of Savanna!! She served six times in a row and scored 5 points. I was quiet here because I don't like to hear my voice recorded, but thankfully the parents around me were cheering for her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I also started volleyball this season!! You guys look great out there. :D Great serves Savanna.

Lol, you're so lucky you don't have to serve from the line.

-Jordan

Anonymous said...

this is 2 funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope to see you our homegames, savannas killing it out there :)
-Gen