Thursday, October 16, 2008

All the Leaves Are Brown.....Or Gone

I knew last week was the peak of the fall folliage colors, but I am surprised that we lost the leaves so quickly. Saturday night's storm was so windy that most of the leaves were blown off of the aspens in one night. The remaining leaves are just brown, as you can see above. It's time for another off-season here. The gondola will be closing Sunday and won't re-open until the Saturday before Thanksgiving and ski season. The Jeep trails officially closed on Wednesday, and many of the high elevation hiking trails are covered with snow now. Finding something outdoors to do this time of year can be a challenge. We did have some snow in town on Tuesday, but it melted away pretty quickly. This is what we woke up to Tuesday morning.

Tuesday evening was actually the night before the full moon, but I got a better picture of it this night than Wednesday's view would have allowed. I took this through my office window and the only photoshopping I did was to sharpen it.

3 comments:

Lois said...

The picture of the moon over the mountains is just beautiful.

Starwoodgal said...

That's so pretty!

Ivar Ivrig said...

A beutiful view from your office. I think its goog to see some snow :-)