Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Last Dollar Road Fall Foliage Tour

Is it really October already? I do love the fall. Even though our temperatures have still been reaching the upper 60's everyday, it has still felt like fall around here. In the past couple of days I have baked chocolate chip cookies with the girls and made chili. I'm not sure what it is about this time of year that makes me want to bake and cook things from scratch. Yesterday, the last day of September, Jay and I drove over Last Dollar Road to check out the fall colors. There is still quite a bit of green everywhere, but we managed to get some great pictures of the golden aspens. These pictures don't really require any narration, just enjoy!
Last Dollar Road reaches an elevation of almost 10,600, somewhere along here where I took this picture.
In the next two pictures, I did do some little saturation photoshopping, but I liked the way they turned out.
Me and Wilson Peak.

4 comments:

Ivar Ivrig said...

Wow. Great shots and wonderful colors. Would love to be there :-)

Kala said...

You go some seriously gorgeous pictures here! There is something really special about Colorado. If I had to choose a place to live other than Hawaii, Colorado would be a serious option. I've been to Colorado Springs and I just absolutely love mountains!

Lois said...

Beautiful pictures--I love the one with the sun shining through the trees. Fall is my favorite season.

julie said...

Another wonderful set, Lisa! I think the photos show that the sunlight quality is now that of Autumn.