Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Out and About

Monday started out very cool, but we didn't get any snow from Sunday's winter storm warning in town. The peaks had snow and there was some around Mt. Village. Jay and I were beginning to hike up Boomerang trail to Mt. Village and after taking this photo, my camera just died. @#$!? I was so upset. I missed taking some great photos on this hike. I'm not sure what happened!! It was good to get out of the house, though. Garrett is gone this week on a school trip to do archaeological digs and make pottery in Crow Canyon and Canyonlands National Park, and I'm wishing I could have gone!! It's part of his ISP (Intensive Study Period) class and his group is camping Monday through Friday. What an awesome high school!! I started the camera charging in the car for our drive. Here is snow and firey gold aspens at Bridal Veil Falls.
Mt. Village.
This is the view of Wilson Peak at the top of Boomerang Trail. Since my camera wasn't working at the end of our hike, we drove up in the afternoon so I could take some pictures.
Palmyra Peak is in the middle here. Jay is really wanting to hike and ski it this winter. Also you can see one of the many cranes in Mt. Village that are used for construction. There are a lot of private residences that require a crane when they are built. Can you imagine? This crane is being used to build the new hotel Capella.
It is hard to believe I used to be scared of this ski run, the Meadows.
Next up was a drive to the summit of Lizard Head Pass.
Sushine and Wilson Peaks.
Cross Mountain and Lizard Head Peak.
Cross Mountain trailhead.
Trout Lake.