Wednesday, November 5, 2008

21 Days to Ski Season

Election night brought us a new President and SNOW!! It looks like the brown time of year is over. There was a good 4 to 5 inches on my Jeep this morning and we could get up to 16 inches by tomorrow. Sweeping powder off of the Jeep is so much better than having to scrape ice off of the windows! Last year ski season opening was delayed because we didn't have any snow at all. We had a warm and brown Thanksgiving, then had a big dump of snow the day after. Everyone is panicking about the economy and how many tourists will travel to ski here this winter, so the last thing we would need is to worry about no snow. A lot of the hotels and lodges are advertising some really good deals this winter already.
I couldn't keep Maralee out of the snow. I had to say, "Go in! Go in!" when I dropped her off at school.
I think Jay is a little frustrated now since we won't be here the week ski season opens. Opening day is November 26th, which will also be my dad's 60th birthday and we will be in Oklahoma for that and Thanksgiving. Jay was kind of counting on no snow like last year. He'll just have to be patient and wait until the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
This morning we even had a WENS alert from the county that there is poor visibility on highways 145 and 62. WOOHOOO!!!

2 comments:

Tony said...

Dang! I'm not ready for winter.
You always have such awesome pictures!

Ivar Ivrig said...

I am so ready for this. I come right over :-)
Great photos.
Congrats with a new president