Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Let It Snow

Tuesday we were enjoying 6 more inches of new snow, and I took a walk across town on the river trail. It was 36 degrees and I stayed plenty warm and enjoyed the walk. I've been waiting to take a picture of the birdhouses behind the Ah Haa School For the Arts. I thought snow would be a nice touch to the colors.
Telluride Ski Resort has a snow machine going near the gondola station. I've noticed three machines going strong on our side of the mountain.
When the snow clouds are hanging low over Ajax it always looks really mystical and makes me think of what Norway must look like. If you would like to see some beautiful Norway pictures, check out Ivar Ivrig’s blog in Trondheim, Norway. I found his blog from following The Rocky Mountain Retreat Photography in British Columbia, Canada.
I was thinking of my nephew, Parker, when I took this video of the snow machine. Not only do we get tons of snow, we make some, too!! video

3 comments:

PARKER said...

THAT IS COOL!!!!
A SNOW MACHINE???
WHEN WILL IT SNOW HERE?
HOPE IT'S PRETTY SOON. . .

julie said...

Will you also get the avalanche guns when the snow has accumulated?

Hard to believe you are in Winter Wonderland when we still wear shirt sleeves only a 19 hour drive away from you! :)

Lisa Wilson said...

The ski area has 2 new avalanche guns they are very excited about. You can see them at Dave's Blog which I have a link to in my blogroll.