Friday, December 26, 2008

White Christmas

We definitely had a white Christmas! We've had one snowstorm after another and haven't really seen the sun in a couple of weeks. Look at this ginormous icicle outside!
Jay and I worked Christmas Day and the kids just played inside with their new toys and video games. I made a huge dinner of rosemary beef tenderloin, sweet potato casserole, cranberry, walnut and feta cheese salad, big wheat rolls, and a pumpkin custard pie. We have enough leftovers to eat a full dinner again.
Here are the kids opening gifts from us. They got up at 4:30 a.m. to see what Santa brought. Thank goodness they waited until 6:30 to wake us up!

2 comments:

julie said...

Gosh, Lisa, I wish I could cook like you do! How long did it take to make all that yummy food?!

Glad you guys had a happy Christmas.

Lisa Wilson said...

It took me hours to make all of that food, and by the time I cleaned up, it felt like I'd been in the kitchen all day and night. I probably won't be in a real cooking mood again for months. :)