Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Snow-Free Place To Play

Garrett has been bugging me for forever to take him to the Montrose skatepark. I finally took the kids there on President's Day. We decided not to stand in the lift lines to ski again that day. The skatepark is in Baldridge Park right by the Uncompahgre River. I'm sure Garrett will want me to drop him off here when I go to Wal-Mart from now on.
Savanna liked the park because there are places for beginners and advanced skaters.
Maralee enjoyed the snow-free playground. The Telluride Town Park will be under snow for a few more months.
I don't know if I've ever seen so many geese, ducks and swans crammed into such a small place, most of them trying to avoid the ice. The ducks were the only ones out walking on the ice.
Maralee couldn't resist scaring the ducks and geese back out onto the ice.
Not sure why all the birds were so loud. It might be because there was a little dog walking around us.
video

No comments: