Friday, March 13, 2009

Bad Moon Rising

No, this little story isn't really about Creedence Clearwater Revival, but ♪ Bad Moon Rising ♫ has been going through my head all week because of the great show that the moon has been putting on over Telluride. This first photo is on my Telluride Daily Photo blog today for SkyWatch Friday.
My camera isn't great for nighttime photos, but I had to get a few of the moon rising over Ajax Peak. It was amazing! When there is a full moon over Telluride, you can see everything, especially when there is snow on the peaks.
I know what Jay will be thinking when he reads this. When he was entering Kuwait during Desert Storm, ♪ Bad Moon Rising ♫ was playing on the radio. Comforting? No.

8 comments:

Lois said...

Gorgeous pictures Lisa! It's funny, we've had that same moon here all week, but it doesn't look half a pretty as it does over those mountains!

Carolyn said...

That first photograph is stunning. I love to walk or ski at night during a full moon and clear sky. It gives me a whole different perspective on the world. Thank you so much for sharing and have a great weekend.
Smiles

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love your full moon as much as mine :)
Don't you just love walking outside at night under a full moon, looking down and seeing your own shadow in the bright light caused by the moon? So magical!

My llamas seem to know of that magic, too. For they are often found dancing, all 4 feet high in the air, as they fly beneath the beautiful moon.

~Lisa
Tijeras, NM

Dogbert said...

I love your pictures, i try to shot the moon too, not easy thing.
Thanks

Janie said...

Oh, that first shot is my favorite, but they're all good. I've been noticing the moon all week, too.

EcoRover said...

Nice "altarwise by owl light" pics. I've got a retired Marine cousin (sort of a little brother to me) who's been called back up for Mosul--sure hope this works out for all of us.

Nabeel said...

I love hiking, especially mountaineering so much. It is heartbreaking for me that Chicago doesn't have such natural beauty

Beth Niquette said...

Cheryl is right--you take GORGEOUS photos! I espeially love your moonshot with the mountains.

Thank you for sharing!