Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Disneyland

I'm starting my Disneyland blog post with Disney at night. This is my best photo of the castle at Disneyland. I think it looked more magical as the sun was going down.
We spent one day at Disneyland during spring break and we were fortunate to see the entire park and rode everything we wanted to ride. The shock of the park was there were so many people!! People were everywhere and Kristen said it wasn't even as crowded as usual. Sheesh.
Our first ride was the Astro Orbitor. Kristen and Maralee were right in front of Savanna and I, and then Jay and Garrett on ahead.
Maralee was excited to visit Tinker Bell's Pixie Hollow. This is Maralee with Silver Mist.
Tinker Bell.
Garrett looks very excited to be in Pixie Hollow.
The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.
Kristen and the girls looking at a picture while I took their picture on the Jungle Cruise.
Savanna had a ton of fun trying on all of the hats in the park. This was in the Nightmare Before Christmas shop.
Pirates of the Caribbean.
No trip to Disneyland is complete without riding the teacups at the Mad Tea Party. I have one word to describe this ride, ugh, especially when Savanna is in control of the spinning.
Savanna ended up buying this Mickey Mouse ears hat.
One more night time photo, where it looks like we took a trip to outer space. I was taking a picture of the moon and just happened to catch the surroundings.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I know what you mean about the crowds in the Disney parks though. It can be overwhelming! And that teacup ride--the last time I went on that one, I ended up in the bathroom losing my lunch!

julie said...

YAY! The submarine ride is back! When I was a little kid, I remember it distinctly, loved it, and when we took Helen there 10 years ago, it was closed and had been so for awhile. In my day, it was not a Nemo ride, of course! ;) Here is an informative link:
http://www.yesterland.com/submarine.html

And, Pirates of the Caribbean was also closed when we were there. Glad you guys got to do that one, as well.

Garrett is funny! That familiar teenager dead-pan look! :D He's a trooper!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

And why didn't Garrett buy the Goofy hat, eh? lol!
Your castle photo is gorgeous!

Looks like everyone had a blast!

The crowds look a little too overwhelming for me, though. You guys are hard-core! hehe

~Lisa