Thursday, April 23, 2009

Disney's California Adventures

Our original plan was to go to Universal Studios on our last day in LA, but since we went into Disneyland with premium season pass holders, they made our ticket a 2-for-1, so our California Adventures admission was free! You can't beat free!

California Adventures is kind of like Disneyland Part 2. It seems to be much more open and less crowded than Disneyland.

Unfortunately there was no water in the pier since they are doing some new construction.
I didn't ride the Hollywood Tower of Terror because I don't like rides that are similar to an elevator shooting up and then dropping. I was surprised that Maralee liked the ride.
We only saw Pooh characters walking around in Disneyland, and then saw Goofy and Sully at California Adventures. I think if you are visiting these parks, you should see Mickey and Minnie every five minutes. They must have been on vacation or something.
Savanna and Wall-E.
Maralee and Ariel.
The parade was definitely worth stopping for and much more exciting than your usual parade.
You may have to enlarge this photo to see the fire coming out of Jack-Jack's head.
My favorite was Toy Story, such a huge part of Garrett's childhood.
This last photo of the pier is the last photo I took in California.

6 comments:

Lois said...

This park reminds me of Disney's Hollywood Studios at WDW. I love the Tower of Terror, except I always hate the picture they take when you are dropping! Your daughter looks so cute with Ariel!

EcoRover said...

Sounds (and looks) like the quintessential LA vacation (not the Chevy Chase vacation version!). I've never been, but Mrs ER had daughter Emily to DW in Florida, and it truly was a magical place for a little girl.

Jacob said...

What a wonderful place...Disney does it right. Great photos, too. Sounds like you had a great time...and it is very nice to get away at times.

We're hoping to spend Lois' birthday in May at Epcot...haven't been there for years.

julie said...

Great photos! What fun!

Boy, the whole cast of parade characters has changed since we went 10 years ago!

California Adventure had just opened up the Spring we went and I was very sad that we did not make it on the Hang gliding ride, as it is supposed to be excellent. There was water in the lake though! ;)

Glennis said...

Though I would never go to Disneyland I can see it must be very exciting for the children. The trucks crooked smile is cute.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Whew! It still looked very crowded there...but loads of fun, too. I love a parade. And Disney has the best!
I love those Cars' characters. So fun!

I'm glad you all had such a great time.

~Lisa