Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter Sunday in California

Easter was during our spring break trip, so we planned an Easter egg hunt (of course) and a visit to the LA Zoo. Maralee and Savanna hunted eggs in Ari and Kristen's courtyard.
Even though we drove through Hollywood a couple of times, I never got a decent picture of the HOLLYWOOD sign. How sad is that? We tried to go to the observatory, but it was packed and there wasn't a place to park for 2 miles.
I took this photo at the LA Zoo just for my dad.
We are in front of the gorilla exhibit here. You can see how much taller Garrett has grown in the past few months.
Desert bighorn sheep!
I didn't take a lot of photos at the LA Zoo. I really wish we had taken the time to drive to the San Diego Zoo. Since we were there on Easter, the zoo was absolutely packed, and it wasn't as nice as the Tulsa or OK City Zoos, which made me feel kind of uninspired to take many pictures.

3 comments:

EcoRover said...

Make the San Diego zoo on your next trip! There is also a drive through zoo/nature park in that area (can't recall the name) as well as a fantastic botanical garden.

julie said...

At least you saw some Bighorns! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I betcha don't like spiders either, eh?
I'd have breathed a sigh of relief at seeing that sign. lol!

Looks like you all had a fun time.
I've been to LA Zoo and wasn't that impressed. Lots of walking to do, but the exhibits weren't very nice. The greenery and gardens were gorgeous, though.
Denver has a terrific zoo. And I also like Albuquerque's zoo, too.

~Lisa