Friday, April 17, 2009

Fun at the Beach

We fled the mountains during spring break for a totally different kind of scenery! Our friends Ari and Kristen live in Torrance, California and invited us to stay with them. It was me and the kids first trip to California. We had a wonderful trip and we were able to spend a lot of time with Ari and Kristen. I took so many photos that I'll have to break up the vacation into separate blog entries. My beach photos are a mix of Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach.
I think Savanna would have stayed in the ocean forever if we had let her and maybe turn into a fish or mermaid.
The temperature was only in the upper 60s and low 70s every time we went to the beach, and since the water is always cold, I wasn't brave enough to get more than my feet wet.
Maralee was scared of the waves and got knocked down a few times. She spent most of the time running around in the sand.
Video of Jay and the kids playing in the ocean.

6 comments:

Janie said...

Our kids loved beach vacations. Looks like your family is having a great time.

~Cheryl said...

What glorious beaches!

Barb said...

I hope you're not getting dumped on in Telluride! Snowing very hard in Denver, and I hear that Breckenridge got at least a foot by end of day. Glad you could enjoy the beach for awhile!

Carolyn said...

What a wonderful series of photos and it looks like so much fun, glad you had a nice holiday. Thanks for sharing.
Smiles

julie said...

Great trip! What a change of scenery!

My first memories are from this area, when I was a pre-schooler and lived in Palos Verdes, overlooking the Pacific. My very much older half-sister lived in Torrance and I believe Redondo Beach may have been the first beach I went to. I remember also being scared of the waves, and my dad carrying me piggy-back into the water. :)

Lois said...

Nice beach shots Lisa! That first one reminds me of where I grew up in Jacksonville Beach. We used to walk down to the beach and hang out on the boardwalk with our friends and play in the arcades. I can't believe your family went swimming in that cold water!