Sunday, April 5, 2009

This is the End

Today was my last day to ski. Telluride Ski Resort is keeping lifts 7 and 9 open through next Sunday, but I don't usually ski any of the runs around there and I have a lot to do before we leave for our vacation. We had a nice amount of snow after the dust storm, but the dirt left behind has still damaged a lot of the snow. This was Maralee's first time to ride lift 7. It's a short walk to this lift from where we live, but a little bit of a scarier lift for small kids. Jay thought she was ready and she rode it just fine with him with a little assistance from the lifties getting on.
Ski the dirt, Telluride, Colorado.
It is a tradition to dress up weird or in some kind of costume on the last day of ski season. Really, a lot of people in Telluride use any excuse to dress weird.
Maralee in Ute Park.
Lizard Head Peak, Mt. Wilson, El Diente and Wilson Peak from the top of lift 12.
The view of the party at Gorrono Ranch from lift 4.
Maralee was so happy to eat the $7 mac and cheese at Gorrono's. We had a late lunch and we were starving.
Garrett looks very serious here. He was probably wondering if one hamburger was enough. Garrett recently grew to be taller than me, very close to Jay's height now. Sadly, Savanna wasn't with us because of her broken elbow. She hung out in town with some of her friends.
Wilson Peak from Gorrono Ranch. It was a good ski season.
This video isn't terribly exciting, but it's the last ski video for this season! Maralee and Jay kind of come together on the right and then ski up to me. I can't believe a Journey song came on at lift 4 during this video. I can't stand that group.
video

5 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ok now I'm embarassed. I cut class and stood in line to buy tickets to see Journey when I was in High School. lol! I had a crush on Steve Perry, too. I'm weird. lol!

Maralee is so pretty and Garrett is one handsome dude! My sons will surely be taller than me in a couple years. Their feet have already passed mine. gah! Feels odd to look up at your baby doesn't it? :D

So sorry about Savanna's elbow. I had no idea she had broken it. I'll have to catch up on your blog tonight.

So what do you all do to fill your days once ski season is over? Hike? Camp?

I hope you all have a terrific, and safe vacation!

~Lisa

Lisa Wilson said...

Aww, I know most people liked Journey, there was just something about them I never liked.

We kind of have to wait awhile for the snow to melt now. My favorite Jeep trails will open in July. Hopefully we can do some hiking or camping before that.

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
Looks as though your family will have great memories of this year's ski season. Breck closes the 19th and has loads of snow yet from all the recent storms. I never feel like downhill skiing in April - isn't it supposed to be spring?

Lois said...

Have a good vacation Lisa!

julie said...

Shooosh! :) What a fun Season!

And, to think, there were probably people lying on the beach in Texas listening to the same Top 40 program at that time! ;)