Thursday, May 28, 2009

My New Camera!!

These are the first two photos taken with the camera I bought for myself for my birthday!! I bought a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T900. It is very tiny and does a lot of stuff. I was kind of scared of it at first since it's so little and said that it kind of feels like bringing a baby home from the hospital. Today is also my 300th post on my Telluride Daily Photo blog. This second photo isn't just outstanding due to the cloudy skies, but it's been cloudy and/or raining for days here with no end in sight. I did find out good news, though. Last Dollar Road and Ophir Pass are officially open!! I'm sure the rain is helping to melt the lower elevations of the passes. It has still been snowing a little above 11,0000 feet.

5 comments:

~Cheryl said...

Congratulations all the way around! New camera, 300 posts, rain survival....

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
Enjoy your new camera, Happy B-day, and congratulations! Join the club - very wet here in Summit County, too. I also have a Sony Cybershot (t200) - it's my second Cybershot - I've had good luck with them. So tiny & compact for hiking/biking! I have a Sony SLR A100, too, which is much heavier.

Janie said...

Great pics with your new camera. I'm trying to decide on a new one, too.

EcoRover said...

Ooh, nice camera--I'm thinking about upgrading from my old, 1st generation Canon Elph. Tiny is good--if it doesn't fit in my shirt pocket, I likely won't carry it.

Saw our first elk calf yesterday, but we had the dogs on a tight lead and so got away quick so we didn't stress the Mother Elk. Elk calve primarily in willow bottoms here, but we were up in the lodgepole pines. In a week or so, calves will be big enough to keep up with the herd, and they'll be out in the meadows.

Carter said...

Wow!! You're a great photographer and your choice for camera is fantastic... lovable pictures!!