Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spring Concerts

This week the girls had their spring concerts, Maralee singing and playing bells, and Savanna's band. Savanna won an Outstanding Award again! She was the only one out of the trombone section to get this award in her grade and it made the boy trombone players mad. Yea Savanna!
This is Savanna's band playing Louie Louie. It made me have flashbacks of high school football games! You can hear the trombones at the very beginning. video

This is Maralee's class playing the bells. She brought a bell kit home several times to practice and was so proud! It's hard to see, but she is the third one from the left. video

6 comments:

Lois said...

Very impressive that your daughter beat out all the boys! I enjoyed both of the videos. My son-in-law was a trombone player in high school and college and now he's teaching my grandson. The only problem is the trombone is as big as he is!

EcoRover said...

Good on Savanna and Maralee! Your home must be a joyous place indeed, with a horn and bell player. Nice videos too.

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
It's recital time - my Granddaughter (age 6) just had her dance presentation. Your girls did themselves and you proud. Good for them! PS Snow here this afternoon (didn't accumulate, thank goodness!). Have a great mountain weekend.

Janie said...

Congrats to your daughter for her awaard. I've always found school concerts to be amazingly well-prepared and entertaining.

julie said...

How wonderful! The girls did very well! :)
Congrats!!!

~Cheryl said...

Working at a school, it's hard to keep up with all the wonderful end of the year happenings, but I love them all! Very nice recognition for your daughter, too!

I also want to let you know that a kitty cat tagged my garden gnome, and to keep things going, I tagged you. I hope you have a pet (I know you have a porcupine!) eager to play. Please visit me for the details and have fun! :)