Monday, June 8, 2009

Telluride Balloon Festival

This past weekend was the Telluride Balloon Festival. Again, the wind was not cooperating. The wind has to be perfectly blowing west in order for the balloons to fly from Town Park to the Valley Floor. There is no room for error in a box canyon! We still enjoyed watching the balloons inflate.
This balloon from Gallup, New Mexico is my favorite.
The balloon on the right had a Colorado flag on it. I guess he didn't like that.
Saturday night it was too windy for the balloons to inflate for the planned night glow, but we did get to see a fire show again. This one looks like Ajax Peak is on fire.

4 comments:

Lois said...

Beautiful pictures Lisa. That last one looks kind of eery!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! I've always loved Balloon Festivals. Have you ever been to the big one in Albuquerque every October? Hundreds of Balloons all going up at once...for an entire week. Too cool!
My Dad is driving out to attend with us this year. I'm so excited!

Your pictures turned out great. The Gallup balloon cracked me up. I like the Kachina balloon, too.

The fiery Ajax Peak is such a cool angle.

Great photos all!

~Lisa

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
Just catching up with you after a week of Grandchildren and Gardening. I didn't realize Telluride has a balloon festival. You got some great photos. Looks as though you're getting lots of rain, too. I keep telling myself it's good for the wildflowers...

EcoRover said...

Wow--I'm impressed by those who would ride hot air balloons in mountain country! Great pics of the Bacchanalia.