Friday, July 31, 2009

Cloudy Day Over Imogene Pass

Even though the skies were cloudy on Tuesday, we still wanted to drive over Imogene Pass for the first time this year! I had a choice of Jeeping or cleaning the apartment. I think I made the right choice.
Looking over at the Black Bear Pass switchbacks and Bridal Veil Falls.
Ghost town of Tomboy.
Colorado Columbines.
Nearing the summit!
We didn't get out of the Jeep at the summit because the wind was blowing like crazy and it was probably not a good idea to risk getting struck by lightening.
Ptarmigan Lake.
There is still a little bit of snow on the Ouray side of the pass.
The road is open through the houses at the Camp Bird Mine, which is pretty neat, except that you totally miss the fun part of Camp Bird Road when you go this way!
Camp Bird Mine.

3 comments:

Lois said...

The wildflowers are all so pretty. I'm deathly afraid of lightening so I would have stayed in the jeep too!

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

Everything's wonderful. Magnificent views. Everything's perfect not just the wildflowers.

Have fun...
FIrst timer here, but I can't just leave without leaving you my footprints. I guess, it's not nice for a blogger as I am. That's the first rule in bloglandia. Leave a footprint.

Cheers, girl!

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
Came over from your MWT post - love your fields of wildflowers! What a ride - even the tunnels look scary. I enjoy your long shots down from the pass.