Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rafting the Royal Gorge

During our camping trip at the Royal Gorge earlier this week, Jay and Garrett had the opportunity to take an all day rafting trip with River Runners Rafting in Cañon City. In the morning they rafted through Bighorn Canyon, stopped for lunch, then rafted the Royal Gorge. The Gorge is class IV-V in difficulty, but this time of year the river is lower and thankfully a little less dangerous. I bought the above photo from River Runners and I think it turned out great, especially since Garrett and Jay are in the front of the raft! It was an experience they will never forget.

5 comments:

~Cheryl said...

That is a great photo of them! They will indeed remember ---- and want to do it again. As the one in my family who did not take the raft, I will always remember the immense relief that they made it safely! Motherhood has been extreme sport enough for me! :)

Anonymous said...

How much was the photo?

Lisa Wilson said...

It was $18 to download a hi-res photo. At the place, they would burn 1 photo on a CD for $25, or all of the photos for $50.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! Such an exciting thing for them to do together. And that's a great picture.....pricey...but good!

~Lisa

motoroz said...

Love the pictures. My 12 year old son and I went on our first rafting trip this past June. (Posted about it on my blog - motoroz.blogspot.com)

We are going again in July on our way back from Yellowstone. We will be at Buena Vista and will do a 1/2 day trip on July 22nd.

Love your blog. I am linking to it from my blog. I hope that is OK.