Thursday, September 10, 2009

Telluride Film Festival

Labor Day weekend was the 36th Telluride Film Festival!! I've been posting quite a few photos on my Telluride Daily Photo blog and neglecting this blog. The daily photo blog can be quite a challenge sometimes and has been taking my attention. Anyway, we didn't have passes for this festival, but we were lucky to get in to see the new Viggo Mortensen film, The Road.
I can't think of a better hero choice for the film, Viggo fighting to keep him and his son alive after an apocalypse destroys everything on earth and almost wipes out the human race. Unfortunately, Viggo wasn't at the presentation of the film that we saw, but we did see Director John Hillcoat in the Question and Answer session. I heard that Viggo was spotted at the Sheridan Chop House having lunch during the time we were watching the film.
I shouldn't complain too much about missing Viggo Mortensen, since I did get to see Nicolas Cage! I think I've seen every movie he has been in, and boy does he make a lot of movies. He was here for the premiere of his newest movie Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. We were in the crowd that caught him coming out of his Question and Answer session at the courthouse.
Savanna is getting his photograph here. He was so nice and signed a bunch of autographs and posed for a lot of photos. It's good to know that one of my favorite actors isn't a jerk. The Film Festival is pretty low-key, and with no papparazi around, that must help celebrities feel more at ease.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Never get tired of Nicolas Cage! These are fabulous shots Lisa.

Barb said...

First of all, the banner against the sky is great for SWF, Lisa. But - your BIG news - Nicolas Cage! He is my twin sons' favorite actor, too. Looks as though your family got up close and personal. Have a restful weekend.

EcoRover said...

I am so jealous! Cormac is a favorite author and The Road is some of the bleakest (and certainly sparsest) work he's done. Wow. Looking forward to the film.