Monday, November 16, 2009

Ready or Not, Winter is Here!

We had a couple of feet of snow this weekend, and with these cold temperatures, I think the snow is here to stay! I cleaned off my Jeep three times since Saturday morning. As long as there is no ice to scrape off the windshield, I usually enjoy cleaning off the snow. It is against the law to let your car idle for more than three minutes in Telluride to keep the particulates in the environment low in the canyon, so you're pretty much on your own with scraping while the car warms up. The heaviest snow fell on Saturday with very poor visibility for driving.
Sunday was a little bit clearer, but Ajax was still hiding.
Today we have bluebird skies with white so bright it knocks your eyes out!

5 comments:

Richard said...

Looks absolutely wonderful to us.

Barb said...

Your snow photos are fabulous, Lisa - love the Main Street shots and the bridge. You look snowed-in! We got maybe 8" here in Breck, but it's frigid with minus temps. Stay warm.

Lois said...

Beautiful shots Lisa! I don't have to scrape my windshield much, but when I used to visit my sister when she lived in North Dakota, they had these covers that attached to their windshields. When they needed to go somewhere, they just removed the cover and there was no ice. They also had to keep heaters in their engines overnight, but that's because sometimes the temps got down to 60 below.

Julie said...

Just wonderful! Prelude to a great ski/snowboard season!

I am particularly fond of the caddy-wompus old cottages. Old Telluride, to be sure....

Jacob said...

I love all the photos of the snow coming down and the streets clogged and hearing about how you have to clean off your jeep several times a day...

I did all of those things living in Minnesota some years ago.

Now, I'd rather read about it and look at your pictures!

Heh. Heh.

Have a great weekend. Do not, I repeat, do not break a leg!