Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in Boxes

This Christmas was a weird one for us. We didn't take a trip to Oklahoma for any of the holidays because we are moving from our apartment to our new condo, so everything is in boxes. We didn't even have enough room for a Christmas tree, so I bought a little 18 inch tree at Ace Hardware. This is the first time in my life I didn't decorate a big tree!! We also missed seeing our family and my mom's Christmas tree. My mom's tree is the best Christmas tree you could ever see, hands down! The big fancy department stores have nothing on her. Christmas Eve we had our usual Emilio's dinner. It was a chilly 8 degrees that evening.
We let the kids open their gifts on Christmas Eve. Garrett had a little help from Samurai.
Savanna in her new Roxy hoodie and one of the hats from the Snowboard World Cup that was in Telluride last week.
Maralee got the skis she wanted, the K2 Luv Bugs.
The kids got up at 5 a.m. on Christmas morning, so by the time I got up the living room was a mess with all of their gifts scattered from Santa. I didn't even take a Christmas Day photo other than Maralee in her new outfit. She really wanted a dress, so I bought her a sweater dress with a matching vest and she loved them so much she wore the dress all day.Now it's time to pack up my office equipment and move it to the condo! I'll have to blog about the Snowboard Cup next week!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! Luv Bug Skis! Maralee scored! We had a VERY early day yesterday, too - fell into bed last night and woke late this AM. It's snowing in Denver, where I am now. Good Luck on your move. I LOVE the pics you chose for your calendar.

Lois said...

I hope your move goes smoothly Lisa! I know you will be glad when it's over. Your daughter looks so cute in her dress!

Julie said...

I'm glad the kids had a nice, though somewhat disheveled, Christmas. Next year, you will be in your own home, and all settled in, so you will have it all done up for Christmas 2010! :)

I saw the Snowboard Cup on TV on Sunday! Beautiful day for it. I had to wonder... will that spectacular course be left in place for other snowboarders to practice on?

Lisa Wilson said...

Julie, they immediately started leveling out the snowboarder course after the events were over. It's back to the normal Misty Maiden now. I was disappointed that they showed so little of the competitions! They didn't show the team event that we watched when Lindsey Jacobellis won. :(