Wednesday, December 23, 2009

That Happened People!

I haven't been up skiing much this season due to us getting ready to move into our new condo and some sickness with vertigo, but I do have confirmation that my porcupine friend is alive and well! Our youth pastor Andy Konigsmark has a blog post about him today at That happened people! I have been meaning to mention his blog for awhile and now seems like the perfect time. I guess he wasn't as brave (or dumb) as I was in approaching the porcupine! Anyway, Andy's blog is hilarious and if you want a blog to follow that will have you laughing every day, this is the one! The first time we saw Andy was before he even came to Telluride when he was a contestant on American Gladiators. We were rooting for the youth pastor with curly hair and didn't realize it was him until he had been in Telluride for awhile. I don't think Andy likes for people to mention him being on the show, but how many teens can say their youth pastor was on American Gladiator? I have mentioned our wonderful Pastor Tree and his wife Robbin before and posted our Mountaintop Church photos, and I'm so thankful that we have an awesome youth pastor Andy and his precious wife Dodi here now. Garrett has really bonded with Andy and it's his desire to get to church that has actually made me less lazy and more likely to get up on Sunday mornings. We are truly blessed to have all four of these people in our little mountain church Alpine Chapel. This photo is of the youth Christmas party Sunday night. Garrett is proudly wearing the pink Snuggie that I won/stole for him in the white elephant gift exchange. Savanna is on the right still in her ski gear after sledding on the golf course in the dark. Andy is back there holding up a whoopie cushion and Dodi is the pretty smiling woman in the front with the purple scarf. I should mention they have a baby on the way expected to make his/her appearance in March!

5 comments:

Lois said...

I have one of those pink Snuggies and I love it! The only problem is when I get myself wrapped up in it to watch TV, I get so comfortable that I fall asleep and miss my show :) I bought a blue one for my grandson and he is so cute in it! I will definitely check out that blog and your porcupine too. Merry Christmas!

Barb said...

Lisa - I hope you are OK with your vertigo - that can really be debilitating! Have a great Christmas with your Family - hope it's white! (I'm in Denver, and we're having snow.)

~Cheryl said...

I'm so happy to hear Mr. Porky Pine is still up and at 'em! (March is a fabulous month to be born!)

Caroline said...

Yay! That is my sister and brother-in-law! I love Andy's blog, too! (And Dodi's!) I am glad it sounds like they've gotten plugged into such a sweet church family in Telluride. I would brag about having a gladiator/youth pastor too! :)

Julie said...

Aw, what a great party! We love our little church when we visit in Colorado. Helen wishes we went to it all the time.

I am happy to hear the little critter is still around, and I hope he and the skiers of the new season get along well. :)