Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wilson Jeeping Day Part 1

We took Jim and Josh on a Jeep tour Monday starting with Imogene Pass.
It wasn't as warm on the summit as it was a couple of weeks ago, plus it was super windy, which is normal at 13,114 feet.
The always spectacular Red Mountains.
I think the wildflowers are at their peak this week.
After stopping for gas in Ouray, we drove over Red Mountain Pass to Silverton. I didn't get any pictures of that since I was kind of limited in what I could do from the back seat. We at lunch at the new barbecue restaurant in Silverton called Thee Pitts Again. This is a new location for the restaurant located in Glendale, Arizona that was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network. The food was great and we will definitely be back!!

1 comment:

Lois said...

What a cute sign! I love all that bright pink too.