Sunday, December 19, 2010

Savanna and the High School Band

This has been an exciting year for Savanna in band since the eighth graders have been included in the high school band. They had a wonderful concert last week. Below is Savanna in front of the Christmas tree in the Palm Theatre. As you can see above, I didn't have a good seat for taking photos! We sat way too close to the stage. Luckily Sol Chase is in the band so his dad, local photographer Merrick Chase, was there and was working his magic with his camera. Merrick's website is Telluride Photography. Merrick was super nice in letting me share his photos when I e-mailed him and asked if he had any photos of the trombone section. Check out Savanna's reindeer antlers! She is keeping all of the other trombone players in line, too. The photographer's son, Sol, is seen on the left playing bass guitar. If you have been to any of the festivals in Telluride, chances are you saw Sol performing around town with mandolin and singing. He is quite talented!

Mr. Gillett has done a great job since becoming the new band teacher. I look forward to their spring concert when Savanna says they will be performing a lot of Beatles songs.

3 comments:

Julie said...

What fun! :) And, you gals look very lovely!

Lois said...

What a wonderful night! My daughter teaches guitar in addition to band and she incorporated a guitar into their marching band show this year. I think it's great that your daughter plays the trombone. My son-in-law is a trombone player and he is already getting my grandson started on it too!

Jude said...

I'm 55 years old and just learning trombone, but I already play euphonium well. It's always nice to see an up-and-coming trombonist. I attended two high school band concerts this December--one in Rifle and one in Idaho Springs.