Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cross Country Skiing

While Jay's mom has been here visiting we decided to try cross country skiing. Barbara skied classic and Jay and I did skate skiing. I think we all did very well considering we didn't have any lessons! We spent the morning at the groomed trails around Town Park. The trail was even groomed over to lower Bear Creek Falls. Waterfalls are one of Barbara's favorite things!

After lunch we skied on the Valley Floor where the trail begins near our home. Overall it was a great experience and a lot of exercise. Now we are all interested in buying our own equipment. The office at Town Park rents out equipment for a very reasonable price, but it still would be nice to get our own so we could go anytime.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Lisa, Your M-i-L and I share more than a name - I also love waterfalls (and cross country skiing)! The landscapes you shot are lovely. I LOVE my touring skis - they have metal edges, are a bit wider, and the boots are extremely comfortable.

EcoRover said...

Good on ya for taking on those skinny skis! If you've got that exercise junkie gene you'll soon be addicted to the aerobic workout. Have fun and Happy New Year!

Jacob said...

I think I'll watch you guys and take pictures...way too much exercise for me. Now, if I was 40 years younger...