Saturday, August 27, 2011

Old Faithful Inn (August 10 Part 2)

Old Faithful Inn is the largest log hotel in the world, and definitely worth a visit. I think it would be a fun place to stay, but a room big enough for the five of us would have been well over $200, and we were camping for the bargain price of $20 a night.
I'm not sure why Garrett is making this face, and Maralee looks like she is about to fall asleep.
We peaked into the dining room from a balcony above.
The inn is so massive there was just no way to take it all into one photo. Hopefully some day we'll have a chance to stay there.

1 comment:

Should Fish More said...

Was there a few weeks ago in the morning, and it has all the hallmarks of a CCC structure. There was a larger log hotel that was torn down around 1966 or so, the Pilot Butte Inn in Bend, Oregon. Hope you get out the Lamar Valley area, my fave place in Yellowstone. If you are coming north up to Butte, let me know. I'll buy breakfast.