Monday, August 22, 2011

A Place Called Yellowstone

We just returned from a two week camping trip with most of our time spent in Yellowstone National Park. I took almost 2,500 photos so it is going to take awhile to blog about this vacation! I think I will blog through day by day of the trip and will end up being an on-line journal of sorts for myself and for whoever is interested in reading it. We walked and hiked almost 60 miles in those two weeks, rode horses in the Canyon area, boated on Yellowstone Lake twice and attended quite a few evening ranger talks and still don't feel like we saw enough. We saw lots of buffalo, elk, pronghorn, deer and a few grizzlies, but didn't have any luck at spotting wolves or moose. We spent time together as a family making memories in remote places without the comforts of home or cell phones or internet. It was my third time to visit Yellowstone, and although I was only 8 years old the last time I was there I could still remember Old Faithful and the bubbling geysers and springs. The sights, sounds and smells of such a place can instill memories even at a young age. The geysers are what normally draw people to visit Yellowstone, but it is a place that is so much more than that and I'm happy to be able to share my stories here.

2 comments:

Lois said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to see more pictures!

motoroz said...

Visited Yellowstone last summer for the first time. It is such an awesome place. It is easy to take thousands of photos. Great job on capturing Old Faithful.